Easton Hospital Diabetes Center strives to provide individuals with diabetes and their families with the knowledge that helps them take control of their diabetes and prevent the potential complications of uncontrolled high blood sugar.
The goal of the Easton Hospital Diabetes Center is to educate and empower patients with the knowledge necessary to make changes that can improve their health. Under the guidance of the dedicated professionals at the Center, patients can live well with diabetes.
Diabetes Self—Management Education Program
Easton Hospital offers an American Association of Diabetes Educators (AADE) accredited Diabetes Self-Management Program. Our comprehensive program consists of a one hour initial individual assessment by our Certified Diabetes Educator, followed by eight hours of group classes. Group classes are two hour weekly sessions held over four weeks. As follow up, participates are encouraged to attend a group class within three to six months after completing the initial training.
Participants in the program will learn:
- About the disease
- How to plan healthy meal planning
- How to control blood glucose
- How to manage glucose highs and lows
- Medication management
- Exercise and it’s benefits
- How to set goals to make lifestyle changes
- Coping skills for living with diabetes
Physician referral is required for individual consultations, as well as participation in the group class sessions. Please check with your insurance provider regarding coverage for the class. Call the Customer Service number on the back of your insurance card to verify coverage. You may be required to pay a deductible or co-pay.
All classes are held at Easton Hospital. Meeting locations and times vary. Please check the Easton Hospital online calendar for the next available class or call 610-250-4462.
- Individual private appointments with a certified Diabetes Educator or Dietitian to identify and set personal goals.
- Flexible scheduling to accommodate patient needs.
- Monthly comprehensive interactive group classes (both day and evening classes).
- Monthly Diabetes Support Group meetings the first Wednesday of each month from 6:30 — 8:00 p.m. Sessions are free.
Easton Hospital Diabetes Center