We are here to help you find what you need.
We offer information about living with diabetes, including managing medications, increasing physical activity, performing blood glucose testing, taking preventative measures and working to develop better nutrition.
Diabetic Self-Management Education Program
Easton Hospital offers an American Association of Diabetes Educators (AADE) accredited diabetes self-management program. The program consists of a one hour initial individual assessment by our certified diabetes educator, followed by eight hours of group classes. Group classes are two hour weekly sessions held over four weeks. As follow up, participates are encouraged to attend a group class within three to six months after completing the initial training.
Participants in the program will learn:
- About the disease
- How to plan healthy meal planning
- How to control blood glucose
- How to manage glucose highs and lows
- Medication management
- Exercise and its benefits
- How to set goals to make lifestyle changes
- Coping skills for living with diabetes
Physician referral is required for individual consultations, as well as participation in the group class sessions. Please check with your insurance provider regarding coverage for the class.
Diabetes Support Group
- Individual private appointments with a certified diabetes educator or dietitian to identify and set personal goals.
- Flexible scheduling to accommodate patient needs.
- Monthly comprehensive interactive group classes (both day and evening times available)
- Free monthly diabetes support group meeting the first Wednesday of each month at 6 p.m.